I suggest you...

...add a 'cancelled' option to the Detention scaling.

Hi there,

As there isn't an option to remove 'Upscaled' from a missed detention, and you cannot delete the then created unscheduled detention without removing the original consequence and points; I feel a good option would be to have a further option within the upscaling, titled 'Cancelled'.

Since we have enabled Upscaling, we have noticed that there are occasions whereby an issue with IT may prohibit staff from being able to access the internet to tick the detentions off, therefore upscaling occurs and is non-removable. There is also the variable that is human error-a staff member missing a student off (some of our detentions touch close to 100 students in one session). And of course, there may be times where a parent disagrees and the decision is made to cancel the newly created detention.

If there was an option to cycle through to 'Cancelled' on the newly created unscheduled escalated detention (that's a mouthful!), this would not only make upscaled errors more easily identifiable, but would also allow us to be able to monitor staff who persistently make mistakes. You could then add notes to the dialogue box in order to explain the reason for cancellation. Marking a newly created detention that has been issued in error as Not Attended, Pending or Attended isn't an accurate representation of the outcome of that particular Upscaled detention.

Perhaps this is something that could be turned off by default, and only enabled if the school feel it Is necessary.

Hopefully I've made that clear-it is a little 'wordy'!

Kind regards,
Dan

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon